Anglicans for Life
Our Local Chapter
St. Paul’s Anglicans for Life Zoe Chapter is committed to defending and celebrating life from conception to natural death.
The abortion debate rmains at the forefront, since the Supreme Court decision overturning Roe v. Wade. In that light, we would like to emphasize that the Saint Paul’s Zoe chapter of Anglicans For Life is supporting pro-life efforts that will lead to an end to abortions in SC and it’s traumatic after effects. On average, there are over 5,000 abortions annually in SC, the majority of which occur after the baby’s heartbeat can be detected. With God’s guidance, our foremost goal is to offer help and hope to the mother, father and baby. We want to change hearts and minds by focusing on life affirming initiatives, educating ourselves and others by understanding how abortion affects us all, separating fact from fiction and being advocates for life in our everyday walk.
Life Affirming Events Calendar
9/9-9/15 – Pro-life/Pro-adoption movie Lifemark opens (check local listings)
9/10 – National Day of Remembrance for Aborted Children
9/29 – Post Abortion Bible Study for Men and Women meet every Thursday for 10 weeks. Contact Cgaskins@myliferesources.org for more details.
9/26-11/6 – 40 Days for Life Campaign
9/10 – Cast the Vision Rally, 9:30am, St. Timothy 1400 Old Parsonage Rd., Charleston
10/22 – Midway Rally, 9:30am, 1312 Ashley River Road, Charleston
11/13 – Victory Celebration, 1pm location TBD
11/5 – Lowcountry Walk for Life, fundraising event for Lowcountry Pregnancy Center, 10am, Wannamaker County Park, LPCFriends.com
11/5 – St. Paul’s Shower for Life, 1-3pm, Ambler Hall, St. Paul’s, 316 W. Carolina Ave., Summerville
1/6 & 7/23 – Proudly Pro-Life Weekend sponsored by SCLife.org, Seawell’s, Columbia
1/30 – March for Life sponsored by MarchforLife.org, Washington DC
Abortion/After Abortion Care
- Abortion is an elective medical procedure that intentionally ends a pregnancy before the baby is born alive.
- In the U.S. today, approximately 25% of all pregnancies end in abortion, which equals 1.1 million abortions every year. Worldwide approximately 42 million abortions occur annually.
- US Supreme Court cases Roe v. Wade and Doe v. Bolton ruled that it’s legal in 1973, and can be performed any time during pregnancy, right up until the baby is delivered.
End of Life Care
- “End of Life” issues involve the terminally ill, elderly, or disabled and address the methods to hasten death, including euthanasia and assisted suicide.
- As much as most of us would rather not think about it, aging and dying are not only normal but universal. Not only will all of us die one day, but many of us will care for parents, family, and friends going through the aging and dying process.
- With medical advances older people are living longer. In the United States there are almost 40 million people aged 65 years or older and 5.5 million people over the age of 85.
- Adoption is the formal and legal process of adopting a child.
- Adoption can take many different forms—it can be adopting a child from a previous marriage or from another family member into your immediate family. It could be adopting a child from another country or legalizing the adoption of a foster child. It could be adopting a teenager, young child, baby, or even a frozen embryo.
- 3 out of 5 people in the United States have been touched by adoption in some way.
The Anglicans for Life Zoe Chapter, at St. Paul’s Summerville, is happy to announce that interest-free loans are available for Christian families seeking to adopt children through the Ebenezer Scrooge Fund.
The funds can be used to help cover adoption application fees, home studies, court costs, and/or unexpected expenses that may come along during the adoption process.
Please let us know if you are seeking to adopt and would like to apply for an interest-free loan. Our AFL president is Dr. Mark Greenslit and can be reached at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Post-abortion Bible Studies for Women and Men
Offered by Life Resources – For More information, click here.
Forgiven & Set Free – A Post-Abortion Bible Study for Women
Led by Cindy Gaskins
Forgiven and Set Free is a Bible study designed to provide freedom from the bondage of guilt and grief that follow abortion. It guides suffering and hurting women to bring their emotional scars from abortion “out of the dark past and into His holy light”, where true and lasting healing can take place. The location, dates and details of the class are strictly confidential and there is no cost to attend. The next class begins in September 2022. Contact Cindy for more information at email@example.com.
Healing a Father’s Heart – A Post-Abortion Bible Study for Men
Zoom only – Led by Rashad Gibson and Mark Lundberg
Healing A Father’s Heart is a Bible study designed to provide freedom for men who have experienced the effects of abortion. Abortion inflicts pain on men as well as women. These fathers may be suffering from fear, anxiety, anger, guilt, and depression without understanding why. Men who have lost a child to abortion need a safe place to grieve the loss. This 10-week study helps men acknowledge their grief and move toward acceptance, forgiveness, freedom and healing. It provides a unique opportunity to connect with other men who have walked this road. Men will learn about God’s unchanging, loving character and His desire to forgive them and heal their father-hearts. The class is offered in person and virtually. The location and details of the class are strictly confidential and there is no cost to attend. The next class will begin in September 2022. Contact Cindy for more information at firstname.lastname@example.org.