Anglicans for Life
Abortion/After Abortion Care
- Abortion is an elective medical procedure that intentionally ends a pregnancy before the baby is born alive.
- In the U.S. today, approximately 25% of all pregnancies end in abortion, which equals 1.1 million abortions every year. Worldwide approximately 42 million abortions occur annually.
- US Supreme Court cases Roe v. Wade and Doe v. Bolton ruled that it’s legal in 1973, and can be performed any time during pregnancy, right up until the baby is delivered.
End of Life Care
- “End of Life” issues involve the terminally ill, elderly, or disabled and address the methods to hasten death, including euthanasia and assisted suicide.
- As much as most of us would rather not think about it, aging and dying are not only normal but universal. Not only will all of us die one day, but many of us will care for parents, family, and friends going through the aging and dying process.
- With medical advances older people are living longer. In the United States there are almost 40 million people aged 65 years or older and 5.5 million people over the age of 85.
- Adoption is the formal and legal process of adopting a child.
- Adoption can take many different forms—it can be adopting a child from a previous marriage or from another family member into your immediate family. It could be adopting a child from another country or legalizing the adoption of a foster child. It could be adopting a teenager, young child, baby, or even a frozen embryo.
- 3 out of 5 people in the United States have been touched by adoption in some way.
The Anglicans for Life Zoe Chapter, at St. Paul’s Summerville, is happy to announce that interest-free loans are available for Christian families seeking to adopt children through the Ebenezer Scrooge Fund.
The funds can be used to help cover adoption application fees, home studies, court costs, and/or unexpected expenses that may come along during the adoption process.
Please let us know if you are seeking to adopt and would like to apply for an interest-free loan. Our AFL president is Dr. Mark Greenslit and can be reached at: firstname.lastname@example.org