To proclaim who God is and what He’s done to the next generation.
We will not hide them from their children; we will tell the next generation the praiseworthy deeds of the Lord, His power and the wonders He has done. Psalm 78:4
How We Live Into Our Purpose
- By establishing a firm knowledge of the Word of God using multiple learning styles of children and age-appropriate lessons
- Walking alongside parents in the Christian nurture of their children by providing resources and teachings for enhancing family spiritual growth
- Impacting the world in Jesus’ name by teaching children how to share their faith and to be the light of Christ in their communities through various outreach projects.
Preschool & Nursery Ministry:
At St. Paul’s, we take the safety of our children seriously. The Anglican Diocese of South Carolina requires every staff member and all volunteers who work with children to submit to background checks and attend child protection training training. By putting into place and enforcing the procedures outlined by our Diocese, we can better protect our children. Read more about the Diocese’s procedures and take the online training here.
Children are welcome to attend Kids’ Church every Sunday morning during the 10:15 am services. Kids’ Church (K4 –3rd grade) starts at the same time as “big church” so bring your child to the CY Worship Center before the service start time. There you will find a computer to sign in your child. When signing in, please be sure to select the service your child will be attending so we can ensure they are taken to the correct service after Kids’ Church. We do our best to have all children return in time to receive Holy Communion with their families. For the safety of all children, we require that each child have a name tag for Kids’ Church. If you are new or visiting, we’ll be happy to help register your child for their time with us in Kids’ Church!
Once they enter the CY Chapel, they will find lots of friendly faces welcoming them and enjoy free play until it is time to begin our lesson.
At the end of Kids’ Church:
- If you are attending the Church building service, your child will be brought to you. Please look for your child entering the sanctuary and wave to them so they can find you.
- If you are attending the Doar Hall service, please come to St. Paul’s Central to pick up your child.
If you have any questions, feel free to contact Nikki Schluter